Masala Chai (or Masala Tea) is a very popular beverage in India. Typically consumed in the morning or in the afternoon, this aromatic and classic tea is made with tea leaves, spices with a bit of warm milk.
Milk – 1 cup, warm
Black Tea Leaves – 1/2 tblsp
Sugar – 1/2 tblsp
Cloves – 3, whole
Green Cardamoms – 3
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch stick, halved
Ginger Powder – 1/4 tsp
Black Peppercorns – 1, whole
1. Heat 1 cup of water in a pan over high flame.
2. Add sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Add the tea leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger and peppercorns.
5. Reduce flame and simmer for a minute.
6. Remove and keep aside for 2 to 4 minutes.
7. Bring to a boil again and strain into a individual serving glasses.
8. Top up with milk.
9. Serve at once.