Doodh Peda is a traditional Indian sweet often made during festivals or special occasions. This milk peda is made with condensed milk and is quite easy to make.
Milk – 1 litre
Sugar – 150 gms
Almonds – 2 tsp, coarsely chopped
Pistachios – 2 tsp, coarsely chopped
Corn Flour – 2 tsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
1. Add a little milk to corn flour and mix well.
2. Heat the milk in a heavy-bottomed pan and bring to a boil.
3. Keep stirring till it is reduced to 3/4th of its consistency.
4. Add the corn flour paste and mix.
5. Reduce flame to low and add the sugar.
6. Stir well until sugar has fully dissolved.
7. Add cardamom powder, ghee and keep stirring to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
8. When it reaches an one string consistency, remove from flame.
9. Add almonds and pistachios. Mix
10. Mix well and transfer to a greased plate or bowl.
11. Using greased hands, make small balls of this mixture and shape them into desired shapes.
12. Garnish with a little crushed nuts.