Doodh Peda is a traditional Indian sweet often made during festivals or special occasions. This milk peda is made with condensed milk and is quite easy to make.
- Milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – 150 gms
- Almonds – 2 tsp, coarsely chopped
- Pistachios – 2 tsp, coarsely chopped
- Corn Flour – 2 tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Add a little milk to corn flour and mix well.
- Heat the milk in a heavy-bottomed pan and bring to a boil.
- Keep stirring till it is reduced to 3/4th of its consistency.
- Add the corn flour paste and mix.
- Reduce flame to low and add the sugar.
- Stir well until sugar has fully dissolved.
- Add cardamom powder, ghee and keep stirring to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
- When it reaches an one string consistency, remove from flame.
- Add almonds and pistachios.
- Mix well and transfer to a greased plate or bowl.
- Using greased hands, make small balls of this mixture and shape them into desired shapes.
- Garnish with a little crushed nuts.