Maida – 1 cup
Vanaspati – 4 tblsp
Rice Flour – 2 tblsp
Oil and Vanaspathi for deep frying
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 2/3 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Mix maida, 1 tblsp vanaspathi, a pinch of salt.
2. Add cold water and knead to a stiff dough.
3. Keep closed under a wet cloth.
4. Knead well till dough becomes soft and pliable.
5. Rub rice flour with vanaspathi on a flat plate till it becomes frothy.
6. Roll it out into very thin chappathis.
7. After rolling out first chappathi, apply 2 tsp of ghee, rice flour mixture and place another chappathi on top.
8. Repeat the process till 5 chappathis are in one pile.
9. Roll from one end to the other end like a swiss roll.
10. Cut into discs and roll out into circles.
11. Again roll each disk like cylinder.
12. Deep fry till crisp.
13. Prepare sugar syrup on one string consistency.
14. Dip the pieces in syrup and arrange on a flat plate till it dries up.