For the Dressing:
Garlic Flake – 1
Lime – 1/2
Salt – 1 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper – 1 tsp, freshly ground
Chilli Flakes – 2 tsp
Egg – 1
Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
1. Drain the baked beans compeltely and reserve the liquid.
2. Chop the garlic.
3. Squeeze out the lime juice and mix into 1/2 cup of the baked bean liquid.
4. Add the salt, pepper, chilli flakes and galric.
5. Place the egg in boiling water for about 45 seconds.
6. Remove the egg and crack open the shell.
7. Add the liquid egg to the dressing.
8. Add 2 tblsp of oil and whisk well.
9. Cut and discard the crusts of the bread.
10. Cut the bread slices into cubes.
11. Heat 1 tblsp of oil in a pan over moderate heat.
12. Add garlic and saute until it turns light brown.
13. Add the bread cubes and fry until golden.
14. Drain and set aside on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
15. Shred the cabbage.
16. Top, tail and string the beans.
17. Slice them lengthwise and cut into 1 inch strips.
18. Steam them for about 5 minutes until cooked.
19. Place the cabbage, beans and olives in a bowl and mix in the dressing.
20. Toss the drained baked beans and bread croutons lightly into the salad.
21. Refrigerate until ready to serve.