Eggs – 6, hard boiled
Gingelly Seeds – 10 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Timmur – 1/4 tsp (optional)
Yoghurt – 1 tbsp, thick
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Salt to Taste
Mustard Oil – 4 tbsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Jimmu, Optional – 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies – 3 to 4, deseeded, slit
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green Coriander for garnishing
1. Dry roast Gingelly seeds, cumin seeds and Timmur.
2. Do not over roast.
3. Grind to a paste with yogurt and lemon juice.
4. Mix in salt, a little water and transfer to a dish.
5. Heat the oil till very hot; lower the flame and add fenugreek seeds and jimmu.
6. After a while add green chillies and cook for one minute.
7. Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
8. Pour this oil immediately over the paste. Mix well.
9. Cut the hard-boiled eggs into halves.
10. Coat each half well with the paste.
11. Transfer the coated eggs into a flat serving dish.
12. Garnish with green coriander, and refrigerate, serve cold.