Chicken Fingers is a simple and delicious fried snack all over the world. They are a favorite for most kids and is a def. item on party menus. This Chinese variation uses the popular five-spice powder to spice up things a bit and is as tasty as the original. Serve this as an appetizer, evening snack or during weekend parties.
Chinese Spicy Chicken Fingers Recipe
Ingredients for Chinese Spicy Chicken Fingers
- 250 gms Chicken boneless, skinless, cut into strips
- 1/2 Egg whisked
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Oil – 1 tsp
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 inch Ginger chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 2 Spring Onions chopped
- 5 Green Chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp Five Spice Powder
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorns crushed
- 1 tsp Chinese Wine
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
How to make Chinese Spicy Chicken Fingers
- Marinate the chicken strips with salt, egg, cornflour, oil and sea salt. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan over medium flame
- Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces until golden brown.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Add the ginger, garlic, spring onions and green chillies to the pan.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the fried chicken along with the five spice powder, black peppercorns and toss well.
- Stir in the Chinese wine and remove from heat.
- Serve hot.
- Five spice powder consist of clove powder, cinnamon powder, star anise powder, Szechuan black pepper and fennel powder.
- How to break an egg into half: Crack the egg into a small bowl. Whisk the egg white and yolk. Split in half.