Chicken – 250 gms, julienned
Salt to taste
Egg – 1/2, whisked
Cornflour – 2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Ajinomoto – 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Ginger – 1 one inch piece, chopped
Garlic – 3 cloves, chopped
Spring Onions – 2, chopped
Green Chillies – 5, chopped
Five Spice Powder – 1/2 tsp
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp, crushed
Chinese Wine – 1 tsp
1. Marinate the chicken with salt, egg, cornflour, oil and ajinomoto. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces.
4. Remove and keep aside.
5. Add the ginger, garlic, spring onions and green chillies in the pan.
6. Saute for a few minutes.
7. Add the fried chicken along with the five spice powder, black peppercorns and toss well.
8. Stir in the Chinese wine and remove from heat.
9. Serve hot.
Note: Five spice powder consist of clove powder, cinnamon powder, star anise powder, Szechuan black pepper and fennel powder.