Chicken – 225 gms, boneless, cubed
Celery Sticks – 3, cut in diagonal slices
Soy Sauce – 2 tbsp
Brandy – 2 tsp
Cornflour – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Garlic Clove – 1
Walnuts – 100 gms, halved
Oyster Sauce – 2 tsp
Water or Chicken Stock – 3/4 cup
1. In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the soy sauce, brandy, cornflour, salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a kadai.
3. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute to flavour the oil and then discard the garlic.
4. In two batches, stir fry the chicken pieces quickly without allowing it to brown.
5. Remove the cooked chicken and keep aside.
5. In the same oil, add the walnuts and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
6. Add the celery and cook for another minute.
7. Then add the oyster sauce and water and bring to a boil.
8. Put the chicken back into the kadai and mix well.
9. Serve immediately.