Fish – 1 kg, cut into boneless pieces
Clarified Butter – 1/2 cup
Onions – 1/2 cup, sliced
Garlic – 3 tbsp, chopped
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tbsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Yoghurt – 1/2 cup
Butter for basting
1. In a pan, heat clarified butter and fry the onions till brown.
2. Remove, drain excess clarified butter and blend to make a paste.
3. In the same pan, fry the garlic and keep aside.
4. Allow the clarified butter to cool.
5. Mix the onion paste, garlic, all the other ingredients and the fish pieces with the clarified butter.
6. Keep aside for 2 hours.
7. Skewer the fish pieces and roast in a tandoor/oven/grill for 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Remove, baste with butter and cook further for 4 to 5 minutes.
9. Remove from skewers.
10. Serve hot.
image credit: rang mahal