Bombay Ducks – 1 kg
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Vinegar – 1 1/2 tbsp
Eggs – 2, beaten
Refined Flour – 1/2 cup
Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
Vegetable Oil for shallow frying
1. Remove the head, stomach and intestines of the Bombay duck.
2. Wash well. Remove the bone, by slitting the fish along its length, and carefully cutting around the bone with a sharp knife.
3. Spread the fish open into a flat fillet.
4. Mix together the spices, salt, and vinegar into a paste.
5. Apply the paste to the fish fillets and keep aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
6. Spread the flour on one plate and the breadcrumbs or semolina on another.
7. Roll each fillet in the flour, dip in eggs, and then coat with breadcrumbs or semolina.
8. Heat the oil in a frying pan; gently lower each fillet and fry on each side till golden.
9. Remove and serve with lemon wedges and potato chips.