Kohlrabi – 1 kg, only bulbs, washed
Mustard Oil – 1 1/4 cups
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tbsp
Ginger Powder – 2 tsp
Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 3 tbsp
Carom Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to Taste
1. Dry the kohlrabi with a soft cloth and cut the bulb into half.
2. Make 1/3 inch thick slices, without peeling.
3. Dry these slices in the sun for 3 to 4 hours.
4. Heat half the oil, cool and then put aside.
5. In the remaining oil, mix all the spices well with a wooden spoon.
6. Add the kohlrabi, mix well so that the slices are well coated with the paste.
7. Take a large, dry jar and put the spiced slices and any extra oil in the pot.
8. Seal with a polyfilm and then cover the lid.
9. Keep the jar in the sun for 4 to 6 days (9 in winter) and 2 to 3 days (in summer).
10. At first the level of oil rise in the jar and will then settle down.
11. When the oil settles down, pour in the remaining oil so that the mixture is covered with oil.
12. Keep in the sun for a few more days.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !