Aubergines (brinjal) – 1/2 kg, medium
Tamarind – 3 1/2 tbsp
Onions – 1 cup, chopped
Ginger Paste – 2 tbsp
Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
Sesame Seeds – 3 tsp
Coconut – 3 tsp, desiccated
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Coriander Powder – 3 tsp
Oil – 1 cup
Curry Leaves – 3
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Garlic Cloves – 2 tbsp, Chopped
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Salt to Taste
1. Soak the tamarind in warm water and squeeze out the pulp.
2. Quarter all the aubergines without disjoining them from the stem.
3. Grind the onions and ginger and garlic pastes to a fine mixture.
4. Roast the sesame seeds, coconut, chilli powder and coriander powder.
5. Add 15 ml water and grind to a fine paste.
6. Heat the oil in a pan.
7. Add the curry leaves, cumin, fenugreek and garlic cloves and saute for the baghar (tempering).
8. Add the ground spices, aubergines, tamarind pulp, turmeric powder, salt and half cup of water to the baghar and cook on a low fire till the aubergines become tender.
9. Serve with steamed rice.
Baghar E Baigan Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Baghar E Baigan Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.