Double Cream – 300 ml
Milk – 2 tblsp
Icing Sugar – 50 gms, sifted
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Plain Chocolate – 125 gms, broken into pieces
Single Cream – 2 tblsp
Chocolate Sauce – to serve, optional
1. Put the double cream and milk into a bowl and whisk until just stiff.
2. Stir in the icing sugar and vanilla essence.
3. Pour the mixture into a shallow freezer container and freeze for 30 minutes or until the ice cream begins to set around the edges.
4. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl with the single cream, set over a pan of gently simmering water and stir gently with a wooden spoon until melted and smooth.
5. Set aside to cool.
6. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and spoon into a bowl.
7. Add the melted chocolate and quickly stir it through the ice cream with a fork.
8. Return the ice cream to the freezer container.
9. Cover and freeze until set.
10. Transfer the ice cream to the 30 minutes before serving to soften lightly.
11. Serve with chocolate sauce, if preferred.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !