Onions – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Wheat Rava – 1 cup
Fresh Ginger – 2 tblsp, minced
Salt – 1 tsp
Fresh Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated (optional)
Oil – 2 tblsp
Curry Leaves – 4 to 6
Dried Red Chilli – 1
Black Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
1. For the tempering, put the oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. When the oil is hot, add the curry leaves, dried red chilli, mustard seeds and urad dal.
3. Fry over medium heat, till mustard seeds splutter and the dal is golden, for about 30 seconds.
4. Add the onions and green chilli.
5. Stir and cook for a minute.
6. Rinse the wheat rava and add it to the pan.
7. Stir over medium heat for a few minutes.
8. Carefully blend in 4 cups of warm water.
9. Mix in ginger and salt.
10. Stir briefly over low heat.
11. Cover pan and cook till water is absorbed.
12. Add the coconut and mix well.
13. Serve warm.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !