Potatoes – 1 kg, medium-sized, round
Vegetable Oil for frying
Mint Leaves – 3 tbsp
Green Chillies – 10, chopped
Green Coriander – 6 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mango Powder – 1 tsp
Raisins – 4 tsp
Salt to taste
Vegetable Oil – 6 tbsp
Tomatoes – 80 gms, chopped
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Spinach – 400gm, chopped
Fenugreek Leaves – 3 ½ cups, chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Yoghurt – 3 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
1. Peel and scoop out the inside portion of the potatoes and deep fry the potato shells till crisp and golden brown.
2. Grind the mint leaves, green coriander, green chillies, cumin seeds, mango powder, raisins and salt together with very little water to make a fine paste.
3. Keep aside.
4. Heat the oil in a kadai.
5. Add the turmeric powder, tomatoes, spinach and fenugreek leaves.
6. Saute lightly.
7. Add the red chilli powder and salt.
8. Cook till the curry thickens.
9. Mix in the yoghurt, garam masala, coriander powder and ghee.
10. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
11. When the mixture is cool enough, blend to a thick gravy and reheat.
12. Spoon the prepared gravy into the fried potato shells.
13. Place the stuffed potatoes in a shallow dish and pour the leftover gravy over them.
14. Serve hot.