Thin Fish Fillets – 12
Prawns – 220 gms, shelled, deveined
Ginger Garlic Paste – 5 tsp
Mango Pickle Masala – 5 tsp
Carom Seeds – 1 tsp
White Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Refined Oil – 4 tsp
Yoghurt – 3/4 cup, drained
Cream – 2 tbsp
Saffron – a few strands
Green Cardamom Powder – a pinch
Water – 5 cups
1. Extract juice from ginger garlic paste and keep aside.
2. Clean the fish fillets and prawns.
3. Pat dry with a cloth.
4. Make a marinade with ginger garlic paste, juice, mango pickle masala, half of carom seeds, white pepper powder, garam masala, salt, red chilli powder, lemon juice and oil.
5. Marinate the fish fillets in the prepared marinade and keep aside for 5 minutes.
6. Prepare second marinade of yoghurt, cream, saffron, green cardamom powder and remaining half of other ingredients.
7. Keep aside.
8. Put one fish fillet flat on a tabletop.
9. Place a prawn at one end of the fillet and roll the fillet.
10. Wrap it tightly with cling wrap or aluminum foil.
11. Boil water in a pot and cook the rolls for 10 minutes keeping the pot covered.
12. Drain the water and place the rolls under running water for 1 minute. Remove the foil.
13. Marinate the rolls in the second marinade for 5 minutes.
14. Skewer the rolls and roast in hot tandoor or in an oven at 150-180C for 10 minutes.
15. Remove from skewers.
16. Transfer to a serving platter.
17. Serve hot with mint chutney.