Refined Flour – 10 cups
Yeast – 2 tsp, granulated
Sugar – 2 tsp
Lukewarm Water – 1 cup
Butter – 4 tsp
Milk – 1 cup, warm
Eggs – 2, beaten
Onion Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee for deep-frying
1. Mix the yeast, sugar and water together.
2. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
3. Sift the flour and salt.
4. Rub in the butter till the mixture becomes crumbly.
5. Add the yeast mixture, milk and eggs.
6. Knead into smooth, elastic dough.
7. Cover with a damp cloth and keep in a warm place to rise.
8. It should rise to almost double its volume.
9. Knead again and divide the dough into 16 balls.
10. Roll each out into 3/4 inch thick disc. Let the discs on a greased tray.
11. Sprinkle the onion seeds.
12. Let the discs rise again till they double in size.
13. Deep fry the discs in a kadai till golden brown.
14. Remove and drain the excess oil.
15. Serve hot.