Lean Lamb – 650 gms
Garlic Cloves – 3, finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 Lime
Mild Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ground Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Dried Oregano Leaves – large pinch, crushed
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 to 2 tblsp
Cooked Black Beans – 400 gms, seasoned with a little cumin, salt and pepper
Flour Tortillas – 4, large
Fresh Coriander – 2 to 3 tblsp, chopped (plus a few sprigs to garnish)
Chipotle Salsa (optional)
Salt and Pepper
Lime Wedges to serve (optional)
1. Slice the lamb into thin strips, then combine with the garlic, lime juice, chilli powder, cumin, oregano and oil in a non-metallic bowl.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
4. Warm the black beans with a little water in a saucepan.
5. Heat the tortillas in an unoiled non-stick frying pan, sprinkling them with a few drops of water as they heat.
6. Wrap the tortillas in foil to keep them warm.
7. Stir fry the lamb in a heavy based non-stick frying pan over high heat until browned on all sides.
8. Remove the pan from the heat.
9. Spoon some of the beans and browned meat into a tortilla, sprinkle wiith coriander, then add a little salsa and fold in the sides.
10. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
11. Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve at once with lime wedges.