Milk – 2 litres
Sugar – 225 gms
Rose Water – 5 drops
Pistachios – 2 tblsp, blanched and slivered
Saffron – a pinch
Green Cardamoms – 1/2 tsp, powdered
1. Boil the milk in a kadai.
2. Lower the flame and stir constantly for 15 minutes.
3. Keep stirring every 5 minutes until the milk is reduced to less than half its original quantity and acquires a granular texture.
4. Remove from the fire.
5. Add the sugar, rose water, pistachios, saffron soaked in 1 tblsp of milk and the green cardamoms.
6. Stir till the sugar dissolves and then cool.
7. Pour this mixture into kulfi (cone shaped moulds) and cover.
8. Freeze for atleast 8 to 10 hours. Allow it to set well.
9. To unmould, open the lid, run a knife along the insides of the moulds and invert onto a serving dish.
10. Alternately, dip the moulds (lid closed) into a pan of water, hold for a few seconds and then invert onto the serving dish.
11. Cut into pieces and serve immediately, sprinkled with rose syrup.