Namak Para (also known as Namak Pare or Nimki) is a crispy, crunchy snack usually served with tea. It is also a perfect delight for Diwali, Holi and other festivals where snacks are made in plenty. Made with wheat flour, plain flour and spices, it is very simply and easy to make.
Ingredients for Namak Para
- 2 cup Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 2 cup Maida (Plain Flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 3 tblsp Ghee
- 2 tsp Black Peppercorns crushed
- 2 tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 cup Water
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
How to make Namak Para
- Sieve the flours, baking soda and salt.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix to a firm dough.
- To a dusted board, roll a medium sized dough into a flat disc.
- Make a diamond shaped pattern on top of the disc.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry them until golden brown.
- Remove the namak para's and drain the excess oil.
- Allow it to cool down for a while.
- Store them in an air tight container.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !