Cauliflower – 1, large
Potatoes – 4, medium
Onion – 1, large, chopped
Tomatoes – 2, medium, chopped
Coriander Powder – 2 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Grind to a fine paste:
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 6 cloves
Green Chillies – 4
Oil – 8 tblsp
Bay Leaves – 2
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
1. Wash and break cauliflower into fairly large pieces.
2. Peel and cut potatoes into big pieces.
3. Heat half the oil, add vegetables, fry for a while on low heat keeping vessel covered in-between frying till vegetables are a little soft.
4. Remove from kadai and keep aside.
5. Heat rest of the oil, add bay leaves and chopped onion, fry till browned, add tomatoes and fry till they turn soft.
6. Add ground masala, continue to fry till oil surfaces.
7. Add dry masala powders one by one, continuing to fry all the while.
8. Add vegetables, half the coriander leaves, stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
9. Add water, salt, cover and cook on low heat till a gravy is formed.
10. Add the rest of the coriander leaves, mix thoroughly.
11. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !