Potatoes (diced) – 2
Garbanzo beans(Channa) – 1 cup
Onion – 2 medium
Tomato – 1/2 cup
Green chillies – 3
Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Red chilly powder – 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup grated
Salt – as required
Oil – 3 tbsp
1. Soak Garbanzo beans(Channa) overnight.
2. Boil channa and diced potatoes in a pressure cooker.
3. Cut the onion and green chillies into thin long slices.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan and add onion slices and fry till it turns light brown.
5. Add tomatoes, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, salt and fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. When the masala starts boiling, add red chilly powder, turmeric and garam masala and stir it well for few minutes.
7. Once the masala is done, add boiled potatoes and channa to the masala mixture with little bit of water.
8. Let it boil and when the gravy becomes thick, remove from fire.
9. Dress the dish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Chappathis or Rice.