Water – 1 cup
Granulated White Sugar – 1/2 cup
Light Corn Syrup – 1/2 cup
Kiwi – 4, peeled and quartered
Lime Juice – 1/3 cup
Lime Zest – 1/2 teaspoon finely grated
1. Place water, sugar, and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan.
2. Bring to a simmer over medium, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted and the mixture is clear, about 2 minutes. 3. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Place the kiwi fruit and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor fitted with metal blades.
5. Process until pureed.
6. Pour into a bowl and stir in sugar mixture and lime zest.
7. Transfer to a shallow metal pan and freeze for about an hour just until firm but not rock hard.
8. Scoop the kiwi fruit sorbet into a chilled bowl and whip with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
9. Place the bowl back in the freezer for another 2 hours until firm enough to scoop and serve.