Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
Fresh Root Ginger – 1 inch piece
Fresh Green Chilli – 1, seeded and chopped
Oil – 2 tblsp
Onion – 1, sliced
Potato – 1 large, chopped
Curry Powder – 1 tblsp
Cauliflower – 1, cut into small florets
Vegetable Stock – 2 1/2 cups
Broad Beans – 275 gms (canned)
Juice of 1/2 Lemon (optional)
Ground Black Pepper
Fresh Coriander Sprig to garnish
Plain Rice to serve
1. Blend the chopped garlic, ginger, chopped chilli and 1 tblsp of the oil in a food processor until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
2. In a large, heavy pan, fry the sliced onion and chopped potato in the remaining oil for 5 minutes, then stir in the spice paste and curry powder. Cook for another minute.
3. Add the cauliflower florets to the onion and potato and stir well until they are thoroughly combined with the spicy mixture, then pour in the stock and bring to the boil over medium to high heat.
4. Season well, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the beans with the liquid from the can and cook, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes.
5. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, if you like and serve hot.
6. Garnish with coriander and serve with plain boiled rice.