Cauliflower – 1
Tomatoes – 2 medium
Onion – 1, chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
Green Chilli – 1, seeded
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp, ground
Sunflower Oil – 2 tblsp
Coconut Milk – 1 2/3 cups
Water – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 tsp, granulated
Tamarind Pulp – 1 tsp, soaked in 3 tblsp warm water
Salt as per taste
1. Trim the stalk from the cauliflower and divide into tiny florets. Peel the tomatoes and chop them into 1/2 – 1 inch pieces.
2. Grind the chopped onion, garlic, green chilli and ground turmeric to a paste in a food processor.
3. Heat the oil in a kadai and fry the spice paste without allowing it to brown.
4. Add the cauliflower florets and toss well to coat in the spices. Stir in the coconut milk, water, sugar and salt to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the tamarind and reserve the juice.
5. Add the tamarind juice and chopped tomatoes to the pan then cook for 2-3 minutes only. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary and then serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !