Fresh Coconut – 1/2, grated
Coconut Oil – 2 tblsp
Colocasia – 1/2 kg, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Raw Green Plantains – 3, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Coconut Oil – 1 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chilli – 1, halved
Curry Leaves – few
1. Fry the grated coconut in 2 tblsp oil till golden brown and set aside.
2. Cook the vegetables in sufficient water, adding the chilli powder, black pepper powder, salt and turmeric powder. Cover pan and simmer on low heat till the vegetables are tender. Mash the vegetables and set aside.
3. Take half of the fried coconut and grind to a paste with the cumin seeds. Mix the ground paste into the cooked vegetables and simmer for a couple of minutes.
4. Heat 1 tblsp oil, add the mustard seeds, red chilli and curry leaves. When the mustard seeds splutter add to the vegetables.
5. Just before turning off the heat, add the remaining fried coconut.
6. Serve hot with rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !