White Field Beans – 1/4 cup, dry
Small Potatoes – 1/4 kg
Garlic – few, crushed
Garlic – 6, peeled
Onions – 2 tblsp, chopped
Salt as required
Sugar – as required
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Thick Tamarind Extract – 1 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Fresh Coconut – to garnish, grated
Coriander Leaves – to garnish
Oil for frying
1. Soak beans in water for 24 hours.
2. Tie it in a thin muslin cloth and allow to sprout for another one day. Sprinkle water now and then.
3. Next day, remove the outer skin using finger tips.
4. Scrape outer skin from potatoes.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan, add mustard, cumin seeds, asafoetida and then crushed garlic, half of the onions.
6. Fry for two minutes, add chilli powder and vegetables.
7. Add water, cover and cook till vegetables are done.
8. Add rest of the peeled garlic, onions.
9. Add salt, sugar, turmeric powder and tamarind extract.
10. Cook till dry.
11. Garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !