Fresh Sundaikkai – 1/2 cup
Onions – 3 tblsp, finely cut
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as required
Thick Tamarind Extract – 3 tblsp
Jaggery as per taste
Sesame Seeds – 1 tblsp
Oil for frying
Red Chillies – 6
Fresh Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Break sundaikkai by crushing it and remove inner seeds by washing it well under running water.
2. Dry roast sesame seeds separately and powder it.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry onions, sundaikkai together till it changes its colour.
4. Add tamarind extract, salt, turmeric powder with enough water and cook till vegetables become soft.
5. Add ground paste and cook till gravy becomes thick.
6. Add powdered sesame at the end and remove from fire.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander and curry leaves.