Potatoes – 1/2 kg
Tomato Paste – 3/4 cup
Oil and Butter – for frying
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp
Salt as required
Red Chillies – 8
Dhania – 2 tsp
Poppy Seeds – 2 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Cloves – 2
Onion – 1, large
Grated Fresh Coconut – 1/2 cup
Garlic – 6 flakes
1. Pressure cook potatoes. Peel and then dice it.
2. Roast onion directly over flames with skin, turning it gently all sides.
3. Fry red chillies, dhania, cinnamon, pepper and cloves using little oil.
4. Dry roast poppy seeds and coconut separately till golden.
5. Grind it with fried ingredients, garlic, onion and salt to a smooth paste.
6. Heat oil, add diced potatoes and fry till golden. Add masala paste, tomato paste, salt and cook.
7. If necessary add water and boil like a gravy. Otherwise cook till dry and serve as a dry curry.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !