500 gms Prawns, shelled and deveined
500 gms Red or White Pumpkin, diced
6 Red Chillies
1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
1 tblsp Coriander seeds
1 Onions, medium
1 Small Onion, finely sliced
a few Curry leaves
6 Garlic Flakes
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 lime sized ball of Tamarind
Salt to taste
1. Fry all the spices, coconut, whole onion and garlic to a red colour and grind to a paste.
2. Cover tamarind with 1 cup hot water for 5 minutes and then squeeze out the juice.
3. Heat 4 tblsp of oil and fry prawns till dry.
4. Put in the pumpkin and 2 cups water and salt and cook till the prawns are almost done.
5. Put in the tamarind and coconut paste and continue cooking till the prawns are done.
6. Remove from fire.
7. Heat 1 tblsp of Oil and fry curry leaves and sliced onion nicely and pour it over the curry.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !