Lamb – 750 gms, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
For the marinade:
Beef stock – 1/3 cup
Red wine – 1/3 cup (preferably dry)
Olive oil – 3 tbsp
Saffron threads – 1/2 tsp
Garlic cloves – 3, minced
1. Place the lamb pieces in a glass dish or a resealable plastic bag.
2. Mix together all the other ingredients in a separate bowl and pour the mixture over lamb.
3. Seal the plastic bag or cover up the glass dish and place it in the refrigerate for about 4-6 hours.
4. Pre-heat the grill on medium heat.
5. Take the lamb pieces out of the bag and keep the marinade.
6. In a small saucepan, pour the marinade and put it on flame.
7. Remove from heat when it starts boiling and allow it to cool.
8. Brush some oil on the grill grates.
9. Thread lamb pieces onto skewers, baste the marinade liberally and place the lambs onto the grill grate.
10. Allow the lamb to cook for 4-5 minutes on one side, turn and coat with marinade again.
11. Grill for another 5 minutes or until completely done.
12. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Kebabs might take a little longer to be grilled to perfection, depending on the quality of meat. Cook till the meat is completely tender and always serve hot with some onion salad and lime wedges.