2 Green Chillies
1 inch piece of Ginger
1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 Bay leaf
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
1. Boil the eggs and shell them. Grind together the onion, ginger, cumin seeds. Chop the tomatoes finely.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
3. Heat a little oil in a kadai and fry the eggs in it for a minute. Keep aside.
4. In the same kadai, heat oil and add the bay leaf. Mix the turmeric powder and chilli powder in a teaspoon of water and add this to the oil. Fry till the masala separates from the oil. Now add the onion, ginger and cumin paste. Fry over low heat till the onions are lightly browned.
5. Add the potatoes and the tomatoes. Add a cup of water and cook till the potatoes are almost done. Add the fried eggs and salt. Cover and cook on low heat till the potatoes are done. Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with the slit green chillies.
6. Serve hot.