For the gravy
2 medium sized Onions, chopped
225 gms Tomatoes, pureed
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
a pinch of Asafoetida
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Chilli powder
Oil for cooking
To make the stuffing:
1. Heat oil in a kadai. Add chopped onions, mashed peas, salt and cook until the peas are quite soft. Add a few drops of lemon juice.
To make the curry
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Add chopped onions, chilli powder, turmeric powder and tomato puree.
3. Add a little water and simmer until ready.
4. Boil potatoes in jackets.
5. Peel and cut hte potatoes into half, lengthwise. Scoop out the centre, leaving 1/2 inch thick walls.
6. Fill in the prepared stuffing.
7. Put the two sides together and stick with toothpicks.
8. Fry until light brown. Put into the curry and cook for 15-30 minutes.
9. Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.