Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Onion seeds – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Lady Fingers (Bhindi) – 250 gms
Bengal gram flour (besan) – 3 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Green chillies – 4
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Saunf – 1 1/2 tsp
Dry mango powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 1/4 cup
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Wash the ladyfingers well and then wipe them.
2. Chop off the two ends of the bhindi and make a slit on one end.
3. Mix all the dry masalas, (except cumin and onion seeds) 1 tsp of the saunf and besan.
4. Add 1 tsp of oil and salt and mix well.
5. Stuff the bhindi with this masala mixture.
6. Put the remaining amount of saunf, cumin seeds, green chillies and onion seeds in 3 tbsp of heated oil. Fry the ingredients for a minute.
7. Add the bhindi’s to this and stir fry for 5 minutes. Cover it and stir fry. Keep stirring the ladyfingers occasionally till they are cooked completely.
8. Remove the cover, continue to stir fry the ladyfingers on high heat till they are crisp.
9. Serve hot.