Baigan – 1, medium size
Green peas – 2 tbsp, cooked
Onion – 1/2 cup, chopped
Tomato – 1/2 cup, chopped
Green chilli – 1, slit
Ginger juliennes – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder as per taste
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1. Roast baigan on an open flame, turning often, till skin turns dark brown.
2. Let it cool. Remove burnt skin.
3. Mash the baigan with a fork or hand.
4. Fry onion and slit green chilli in 2 tbsp oil till golden brown.
5. Add tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and mix well.
7. Add green peas. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring a few times, to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan.
8. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves and ginger juliennes.
u forgot to say when to add the mashed brinjal