Aloo Anardana Kulcha is a popular North Indian (Punjabi/Amritsari) kulcha stuffed with mashed potatoes and pomegranate seeds. Serve with a choice of side dish or with pickle.
Pomegranate Seeds (Anardana) – 5 tsp
Maida – 2 cups
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup, chopped
Cooking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 2 tsp
Potatoes – 4
Green Chillies – 4
Lemon Juice – 4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Ghee as required
1. Boil and peel the potatoes.
2. Combine the green chillies, pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
3. Grind to a smooth paste.
4. Mash the potatoes and add it to the paste.
5. Add salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
6. Mix maida, cooking soda and sugar in a bowl to a chapati/roti dough consistency.
7. Pinch small balls and shape them into small cups.
8. Add some of the potato mixture and fold well.
9. Shape it into a ball and roll them into small-medium kulchas.
10. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
11. Cook the prepared kulchas on both sides, applying ghee around the edges.
12. Serve with side dish of choice.