Black Masoor Dal – 1/4 cup, soaked for an hour or two
Yellow Moong Dal – 1/4 cup, soaked for an hour or two
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, cubed
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 1, slit lengthwise
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tblsp
Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Butter as required
Fresh Cream – 1/2 tblsp, for garnishing
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Pressure cook the dals with ginger garlic paste in a pan till one or two whistles.
2. Mash well and keep aside.
3. Heat butter in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the cumin seeds, green chillies and onions for 2 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and stir for a minute.
6. Add the masala powders and salt.
7. Mix well.
8. Now add the mashed dal and simmer for a few minutes.
9. Remove the pan from flame.
10. Add the lemon juice and transfer to a serving bowl.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and fresh cream.
12. Serve hot.
Dal Fry Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Dal Fry Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.