Black Masoor Dal – 1/4 cup, soaked for an hour or two
Yellow Moong Dal – 1/4 cup, soaked for an hour or two
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, cubed
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 1, slit lengthwise
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tblsp
Jeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Butter as required
Fresh Cream – 1/2 tblsp, for garnishing
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Pressure cook the dals with ginger garlic paste in a pan till one or two whistles.
2. Mash well and keep aside.
3. Heat butter in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the cumin seeds, green chillies and onions for 2 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and stir for a minute.
6. Add the masala powders and salt.
7. Mix well.
8. Now add the mashed dal and simmer for a few minutes.
9. Remove the pan from flame.
10. Add the lemon juice and transfer to a serving bowl.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and fresh cream.
12. Serve hot.
Dal Fry Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Dal Fry Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.