These homemade potato smiley fries is a definite hit with the kids. A simple recipe to make, they make for a great school snack or an evening snack.
Potatoes – 4 to 5
Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
Corn Flour – 2 tblsp (or as required)
Red Chilli Powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Boil and peel the potatoes.
2. Grate the potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add the grated cheese, salt, red chilli powder and corn flour.
4. Mix well to a thick dough without adding water.
5. Keep this in the fridge for 45 to 60 minutes.
6. Then make small balls and flatten them like a vadai.
7. Using a knife, cut out two eyes and a mouth.
8. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
9. Fry the smileys until golden brown and crisp.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
11. Serve with tomato ketchup.