Potato smileys (Smiley Face Potatoes) are loved by both kids and adults. The simple yet lip-smacking flavor of these crispy fries are an instant mood changer and taste the best when paired with tomato sauce.
Smiley Face Potatoes are ideal for brunch or evening snacks and are good enough to satiate your hunger growls. This is an American recipe and mainly consists of cheese, corn flour, and potatoes. It is very easy to cook these fries as they can be cooked in a matter of minutes.
Food lovers also like to add garlic and oregano spice to this recipe to make it more aromatic and delicious. However, just a hint of red chili powder and salt are good enough to make a sumptuous treat for your young ones.
You can either eat it with tomato sauce or pair it with sweet chili sauce as per your taste preferences. Also, you need to use a sharp knife to carve out smiling lips and eyes on the flattened dough balls.
Health conscious people can bake the Smiling Potatoes in the oven instead of deep-frying them. Moreover, you can use potato starch instead of the corn flour to bring a peculiar flavor to the fries. Also, you can mold the dough balls into any shapes to make them look more amusing and tempting.
You can also have it with fresh curd or with mayonnaise and tomato sauce. It proves to be a great snack to carry on trips and picnics as well. The potato smileys get a deep golden hue when fried perfectly and look inviting. Try this recipe today to put a smile on the cute face of your kid.
Smiley Face Potatoes (Homemade Potato Smiley)
Ingredients for Smiley Face Potatoes (Homemade Potato Smiley)
- 4 to 5 nos Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Cheese grated
- 2 tblsp Corn Flour or as required
- Red Chilli Powder as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Oil as required
How to make Smiley Face Potatoes (Homemade Potato Smiley)
- Boil and peel the potatoes.
- Grate the potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the grated cheese, salt, red chilli powder and corn flour.
- Mix well to a thick dough without adding water.
- Keep this in the fridge for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Then make small balls and flatten them like a vadai.
- Using a knife, cut out two eyes and a mouth.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
- Fry the smileys until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.