Summer is just around the corner (or it’s already here going by the heat) and what better way to cool down than with a simple, delicious Ice cream with mint and chocolate chips.
Milk – 1 cup
Egg Yolks – 2
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Whipping Cream – 1/2 cup
Peppermint Extract – 1 tsp
Chocolate Chips – 1/3 cup
1. Boil the milk and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
2. Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl.
3. Add sugar, peppermint extract and blend well.
4. Add half of the milk and whisk well.
5. Transfer this to the milk pan and simmer over low flame.
6. Stir constantly until slightly thickened.
7. Do not allow it to boil or it will curdle.
8. Strain this mixture and allow it to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
9. Transfer to a freezer safe bowl and cover with a lid.
10. Keep it in the fridge for 2 hours.
11. Remove and whisk well.
12. Add the chocolate chips and keep it in the fridge for another 2 hours or until firm.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !