Bengal Gram Dal – 1 cup
Urad Dal – 1 cup
Rice Flour – 100 gms
Spring Onions – 2 bunches
Green Chillies – 4 to 5
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak the dals for 1 hour.
2. Drain well and combine them together
3. Add the green chillies and enough salt.
4. Grind this to a coarse and thick batter.
5. Add the rice flour and mix well.
6. Finely chop the spring onions and add to the batter.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
8. Make small balls of the batter and flatten them to make a vadai.
9. Gently slide it into the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crisp.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
11. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
Tip: Instead of rice flour, you can also use rice. Soak it with the dals and grind together.