Mor Kuzhambu is a popular South Indian sambar variety especially in TamilNadu and Kerala with several regional variations. This is a tasty summer variation when mangoes are available in plenty.
Mangoes – 2, ripe
Curd – 1 cup, thick, beaten
Curry Leaves – handful
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Jaggery – a small piece, powdered
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Grind to a paste:
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Green Chillies – 2
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Wash the mangoes and cut them into 3 pieces, keeping the stone intact.
2. Heat a pan over medium flame.
3. Fry the tempering ingredients in oil.
4. Transfer the mangoes to the pan and pour 1/2 cup of water.
5. Add turmeric powder, salt and curry leaves.
6. Simmer and bring to a boil.
7. When the mango pieces have turned soft and the ground paste.
8. Add the jaggery and simmer till the mixture has blended well.
9. When it starts to thicken, add the curd.
10. Mix well and switch off the flame.
11. Fry the mustard seeds in oil and add to the kuzhambu.
12. Serve with rice and side dish of choice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !