500 gm boneless mutton, cubed
2 onions, sliced
2 green chillies, slit lengthwise
1 tomato, chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli paste
2 sprigs curry leaves
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp fennel seeds, powdered
3 inch piece of dried coconut, sliced
a few coriander leaves
180 ml oil
salt to taste
1. Parboil the mutton and keep aside
2. Heat oil and fry the sliced onions till golden brown. Add the green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and stir fry. Stir in the red chilli paste, coriander powder and salt.
3. Add the curry leaves and fry till oil floats on top.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till the masala is dry.
5. Add the mutton and slices of dry coconut in the masala and cook till the mutton is soft and tender.
6. Sprinkle fennel powder and garnish with coriander leaves.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !