1 tbsp garam masala powder
2 tbsp pounded red chillies
2 tbsp chopped green chillies
4 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp turmeric powder
4 tbsp oil
2 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
1. Blend the curd, garam masala powder, salt, pounded red chillies and half the chopped green chillies.
2. Clean and trim the bhindis. Make slant slits with a knife. Soak the bhindis in the curd mixture and keep aside for 10 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, turmeric powder and fry well. Add the bhindi along with the curd mixture and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Top it with ghee and a little garam masala on the bhindi. Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and place a heavy weight above it. Steam on low heat for 5 minutes. Cook on slow fire till almost dry.
5. Garnish with onion rings, tomato slices and serve hot.
Dum Bhindi Masalewali Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Must Have Diwali Sweets and Snacks Diwali is a festival of lights celebrated jubilantly all over India. Just like for any other festival, Diwali will also be...
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Dum Bhindi Masalewali Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.