A simple, delicious and easy to make Kerala style Prawn Curry with coconut milk. Can be served with rice or as a side dish to idli or dosa too.
Prawns – 500 gms
Coconut Milk – 200 ml
Onions – 200 gms
Tomatoes – 200 gms
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Juice of 4 Lemons
Green Chillies – 8 (adjust as per spice requirements)
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Clean and wash the prawns well.
2. Transfer to a large bowl and pour the lemon juice on top.
3. Allow it to marinate for some time.
4. Blanch the tomatoes in hot water and peel the skins. Dice them and keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
6. Saute the onions and green chillies for 2 minutes or until onions turn golden.
7. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir well.
8. Add the prawns and the tomatoes.
9. Saute for a minute.
10. Add the coconut milk and enough salt.
11. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes or until prawns are done.
12. Remove and serve with rice, idli or dosa.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !