Onion – 1
Chopped raw papaya pieces – 1 cup
Carrot – 1 (dice finely)
Bayleaf – 1
Grated cheese – 1 tbl sp
Butter – 1 tbl sp
Salt and pepper – as required
For spice bag:
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Crush the above ingredients coarsely and tie in a clean muslin cloth.
1. Heat pressure pan (or) cooker with butter.
2. When it melts add bayleaf and chopped onion.
3. Fry for one (or) two minutes in reduced flame.
4. Add chopped carrot and papaya pieces.
5. Fry in medium flame for another two minutes.
6. Pour just enough water to cover the pieces. Add spice bag and close the lid.
7. Pressure cook in reduced flame till first whistle.
8. Cool down, discard the spice bag and grind the pieces to smooth paste in a mixie.
9. Strain well and dilute with enough water.
10. Add salt, sugar and pepper as per individual taste.
11. Reheat and serve hot with finely grated cheese sprinkled on top along with bread sticks.
Note: soup tastes good if half firm papaya is used.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !