A refreshing and cool drink for the summer. This drink can be alcoholic or nonalcoholic. For the nonalcoholic version, omit Rum and add more of lemonade/soda water.
Strawberries – 6 to 8
Mint Leaves – handful, crushed
Lemonade (or Soda) – 1/2 cup
White Rum – 1/2 cup
Light Brown Sugar – 1/4 cup
Juice of 2 medium Limes
Ice – 1 cup, crushed
1. Mix the lime juice and sugar in a bowl.
2. Stir well until the sugar has fully dissolved.
3. Remove the green bits from the strawberries and gently crush them a bit.
4. Combine the strawberries and lime mixture in a pitcher.
5. Add the lemonade and white rum.
6. Stir gently.
7. Pour into individual serving glasses filled with the crushed ice.
8. Garnish with mint springs and serve at once.
Tip: If you are unable to get strawberries, you can also use plain strawberry juice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !