2 med. cucumbers
2 green chillies
1 tsp. coriander finely chopped
1/2 tsp. tamarind bits
1 stalk curryleaves
2 slices tomato chopped
1/2 tsp. wheat flour
1/2 tsp. dhania powder
1/5 tsp. turmeric powder
3/4 tsp. chilli powder
3-4 pinches asafoetida
1/4 tsp. each cumin & mustard seeds
salt to taste
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp. oil
1. Cut cucumbers lengthwise in 1/2″ wide strips
2. Chop these strips into 1/2″ pieces.
3. Chop tomatoes too, slit green chillies, destalk curry leaves.
4. Dissolve chilli powder, dhania powder, turmeric and salt in the water
5. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add seeds, allow to splutter. Add asafoetida.
6. Add chillies, curryleaves and tomatoes. Stir, add cucumber pieces.
7. Stir, add tamarind, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Sprinkle coriander add flour, stir and simmer covered for 1 minute.
9. Take off fire, serve hot with phulka, roti or paratha.