This Pepper Bonda is a South Indian delicacy. Typically made as an evening snack and served with coconut chutney.
Whole White Urad Dal – 2 cups
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2
Onions – 1 cup, finely chopped (optional)
Coconut – 1/4 cup, chopped
Curry Leaves – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required for frying
1. Soak the urad dal for 90 minutes.
2. Add salt, green chillies and grind to a smooth, thick batter.
3. Add onions (if using), asafoetida powder, pepper powder, coconut pieces, curry leaves and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
5. Drop small portions of the dough, about the size of a small lemon, into the hot oil.
6. Deep fry until light golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !