Raw Rice Flour – 500 gms
Onions – 4, medium or 2 large, chopped
Green Chillies – 5 to 6, adjust the quantity depending on size
Mustard Seeds – little
Bengal Gram Dal – little
Urad Dal – little
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal and bengal gram dal for 30 seconds.
3. Add the chopped onions, green chililes and saute for a minute or two.
4. Add enough water, salt, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder and cover the pan with a lid.
5. Simmer for a few minutes and bring to a boil.
6. Add the rice flour.
7. After a minute stir gently.
8. The batter should be coarse.
9. Remove the pan from flame and allow it to cool.
10. Once cooled, add a little water and mix well.
11. Make small balls and flatten them into adais.
12. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
13. Cook the prepared adais on both sides on a tawa.
14. Serve hot.