A popular South Indian dry chicken dish. In some places tomato is not added. So depending on taste, you can choose to add or not.
Chicken – 400 gms, skinless, boneless, cubed
Peppercorns – 10 to 15, crushed
Onion – 1, chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped (optional)
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, chopped
Garlic – 6, peeled, chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
1. Transfer the chicken pieces to a bowl.
2. Add pepper powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and a pinch of salt.
3. Mix well and keep aside for 40 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
5. Saute the onions, ginger and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add the marinated chicken and curry leaves.
7. Cook until well browned, about 8 minutes.
8. Add the tomato and a pinch of salt.
9. Stir well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
10. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 more minutes.
11. Remove the lid and cook until all moisture has evaporated and the chicken mixture is dry.
12. Transfer to a serving dish.
13. Serve as a starter or as an appetizer.