A delicious afternoon teatime snack made with Methi leaves.
Fenugreek Leaves (Methi) – 1 cup, cleaned, washed, chopped
Gram Flour – 1 cup
Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 tsp, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 1 tsp, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Mix the rice flour, gram flour, salt, ginger, green chillies, onions, coriander leaves and red chilli powder in a large bowl.
2. Heat 1 tblsp oil and add to the bowl.
3. Add methi leaves and sprinkle a little water.
4. Mix well to a thick dough.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. Drop small portions of the dough into the hot oil.
7. Fry until light golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve as a teatime snack or as an after school snack for children.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !